Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! We actually stayed 'home' for a change - and enjoyed the more relaxed change of pace. I even put my SLR camera on hiatus for a few days. Shocking, I know!

Some highlights of the weekend included walking down the beach to the Hermosa Fiesta (a big outdoor festival in which more stuffed creatures were acquired for Annie) and having a great crab feast overlooking the water (with Annie devouring her first piece of corn on the cob)


... and spending a day back in LA visiting Venice Beach (where I bought myself a pair of big LA shades)



We also spent some time playing in Griffith Park, had a hot dog at the famous Pink's (the only hot dog stand I've ever seen with valet parking... and a line down the street!), and dinner on Santa Monica's 3rd Street Promenade.

Now Annie and I are off to Santa Barbara for a few days. As expected, Patrick is now super busy with work and we won't see him much this week. So we rented a 2nd car and Annie and I are driving up the coast tomorrow (stopping in Malibu en route) to check out Santa Barbara. More on our adventures there when we get back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment